- Unripe Mangoes = 1 kg
- Sugar = 1 kg
- Water = 250 mL
- Citric Acid = 2 g
- Select unripe mangoes.
- Wash, peel and prick with the help of a stainless steel fork.
- Boil in water till soft.
- Drain the water and let dry in air.
- Prepare sugar syrup by boiling sugar in water containing citric acid (see carrot preserve).
- Add the mangoes, boil for some time.
- Let stand overnight.
- Boil again the next day.
- Pack in jars.
- Sodium benzoate may be added @ 0.2 g per kg preserve for additional preservative effect.
437 Total Views