- Carrots = 1 kg
- Sugar = 1 kg
- Water = 250 mL
- Citric Acid = 2 g
- Select medium-sized carrots of approximately the same size.
- Wash thoroughly. Peel with a knife. Remove the stem and cut the end.
- If the carrots are small there is no need to split them, otherwise cut longitudinally into two.
- Prick with the help of a stainless steel fork and boil in water till soft.
- Drain the water and let dry in air.
- Prepare sugar syrup by adding sugar and citric acid in water and boiling (Citric acid prevents crystallization of the sugar). Add carrots, boil for some time.
- Let stand overnight.
- Boil again the next day to concentrate the sugar syrup.
- Pack in jars.
- Sodium benzoate may be added @ 0.2 g per kg preserve for additional preservative effect (sugar by itself is a preservative).
640 Total Views