- Tomato Pulp = 2.5 kg
- Salt = 70 g
- Sugar = 1.2 kg
- Spices (Garam Masala) = 5 g
- Sodium Benzoate = 4 g
- Dried Plums = 100 g
- Tamarind (ImLi) = 500 g
- Red Chilies = 10 g
- Acetic Acid = 10 mL
- SMC Strawberry Red Colour = 4 g
- Soak tamarind and dried plums in an equal quantity of water overnight.
- Squeeze the extract.
- Place tomato pulp in a cooking pan and add one-third the quantity of sugar to it.
- Cook until the volume is reduced to half the original volume.
- Add the tamarind-plum extract and cook further to medium consistency.
- Add acetic acid, spices, red chillies, salt and remaining sugar.
- Cook the mass for a few minutes and pour the product, while hot, into clean bottles and seal immediately.
459 Total Views