The excellent quality lime syrup can be prepared by using lime juice and sugar only.
- Sugar = 2 kg
- Lime Syrup = 1 Litre
- Select fresh fully ripe fruit, free from bruises and fungal attack.
- Wash the fruit thoroughly to remove extraneous matter.
- Cut the fruit into halves with the help of a sharp stainless steel knife.
- Extract the juice with a lime squeezer.
- Filter the juice through a coarse muslin cloth to remove seeds and coarse particles.
- Fill pre-sterilized dry bottles with sugar, about 1 to 2 inches to the top.
- Pour the juice from Step 5 in it. Ensure that all the sugar has become wet leaving about 1 to 2 inches headspace.
- If desired, a small quantity of SMC apple green colour maybe added.
- Apply cork to the bottles.
- Keep the bottles on a shelf and shake two to three times daily till all the sugar
- dissolves in the juice. This may take from 5 to 7 days. Lime syrup is ready.
- a. Add 2 kg sugar to 1 L lime juice and heat gently to dissolve.
- b. Filter to remove impurities. –
- c. Fill in pre-sterilized bottles and seal.
- Evaluate lime syrup for sensory characteristics.