- Starter Culture: Culturing for preparation of Dahi (Yoghurt) was done by Back Slopping Technique. Back Slopping Technique is the utilization of Dahi (Yoghurt) as a culture for preparation of a new batch of Dahi (Yoghurt).
- Commercial Starter Cultures: Streptococcus thermophiles and Lactobacillus delbrueckii sub sp. bulgaricus
- First, standardize the fresh cow milk for fat (3%) and total solids (15%) by Pearson’s method.
- Milk is normally heated at 85 ℃ for 30 mints and 5 mints at (90-95 ºC).
- Then cool Dahi (Yoghurt) concentrate to 43-46 ℃.
- Then add starter culture by back slopping technique.
- Then place it in an incubator for few hours (3.5-4 hours) until the pH arrives around 4.5 to 4.6.
- Then cool it in a refrigerator at less than 5 ℃.
595 Total Views