Ice cream is a frozen product prepared basically from milk, cream, sugar and other ingredients.
- Fresh milk = 10.0 L
- Sugar = 1.0 kg
- Fresh cream = 1.0 kg
- Corn flour = 0.10 g
- SMC Flavour = Vanilla 902, 10 mL
- SMC Colour = Lime juice yellow 1.2 g
- Fresh milk = 5.6 L
- Sugar = 1.2 kg
- Fresh cream = 1.5 kg
- ‘Khoya’ = 70.0 g
- Glucose syrup = 40.0 kg
- Corn flour = 50.0 g
- Gelatin (Halal) = 20.0 g
- Assorted nuts = 0.50 kg
- SMC Flavour = Kulfa 9000, 15 mL
- Boil milk, add ‘Khoya’, sugar and glucose. Mix well.
- Allow cooling to 40 °C.
- Pre-soak gelatine in a small quantity of water; dissolve maize starch in water.
- Add soaked gelatine and starch to the above mixture cooled to 40 °C.
- Add fresh cream, assorted nuts (pistachio, almond, walnuts in desired proportion) and selected SMC flavour.
- Chill to 4 °C and age for 6 to 8 hours.
- Freeze in an ice cream freezer. If the home freezer is used, then remove semi-frozen ice cream (when some ice crystals have been formed) from the freezer, whip and refreeze.
833 Total Views