- Mango Pulp = 1.0 kg
- Water = 1.0 L
- Sugar = 1.5 kg
- Citric Acid = 30 g
- SMC Flavour, Mango Chaunsa = 2 mL
- SMC Lime Juice Yellow Colour = 0.4 g
- SMC Orange Red Colour = 0.1 g
- Potassium Metabisulphite = 2.0 g
- Select fully ripe healthy mangoes and wash them in water.
- Rub the fruit lightly between the palms of the two hands to thin down the pulp. Extract the pulp by hand or use a pulper for the purpose.
- Wash the seeds and skins twice with water from the recipe.
- Mix the washings in the pulp and pass through a muslin cloth or a pulper. Add the remaining water from the recipe (leaving a little to dissolve citric acid and colour).
- Add sugar and mix.
- Dissolve the citric acid in a small quantity of water and add to the above mix.
- Dissolve the colour in a small quantity of water and add.
- Dissolve potassium metabisulphite in a small quantity of water and add.
- Caution: Do not taste the squash after the addition of potassium metabisulphite. The SO2 released from the preservative will cause harm to the respiratory system, especially the throat.
- Fill in pre-sterilized bottles leaving a headspace of about one inch.
- Close with an appropriate airtight closure.
- Label and store in a cool dark place.
- Evaluate the squash after one week.
1,034 Total Views